Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quiet whisperings

Last night we had the opportunity to go to the temple/ visitor center and see the Reflections of Christ collection, beautiful photography of scenes in Christs life. It is interesting to see the kids go into the visitor center and automatically they have a certain reverence about them. Especially when they are at the feet of the Cristi's. They definitely were not perfect, but there was a change. The photography was beautiful, and the spirit was definitely there. If you haven't seen the pics. here is the link to the reflections web site http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/, its way better in person.

I wish I had my camera because the reflection pool outside had the fountains going which I haven't seen on since I was a kid. Anyways, I love the feeling and sense of peace we carry with us every time we leave the temple. I am so grateful we have one so close. I am really excited for the temple in Gilbert to be built! I wonder what it will look like?

When we got home Kaden was being rarely quiet, and he was eating his dinner without any fuss, and being ohhhh so sweet. After I gave him a bath I was putting his diaper and jammies on when he became intensly quiet and his eyes started to go side to side, and he started moving his head like he was trying to see something behind him. Here is how our conversation went...
Me: Kaden what do you hear?
Kaden: No response
Me: Kaden what do you hear, is it a cricket? (thinking he heard something outside because the tv was not on)
Kaden: No
Me: Is it a bird?
Kaden: No
Me: Is it a friend?
Kaden: No
Me: Is it an angel?
Kaden:No, its Jesus Mom!!
Wow, that blew me away. I'll admit... I was a little stunned. After that feeling quickly passed, I just laughed and asked what He said. Kaden did not answer me. I do wonder what our precious sweet little children still hear and see?
My silly boy!

11 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

In a primary class I taught when we were first married there was a little girl who always said that she'd SEEN Jesus. (Who am I to judge, right?) Well, anytime I'd try to teach about faith and how we can still believe in Christ even though we haven't seen Him, she'd always say, "But I have seen him."

Sara Schletter said...

So sweet. I see all skousen features in your son,love it.

Maranda Whittle said...

Awww, what a cute story! I'm sure he really heard something, that's awesome!

Rushele said...

Kaden is too cute!
Gotta love that smile/silly face he flashed on that pic.
And to answer your question on my blog, that park was fun, and the sand was a bit warm for Raegan's liking, but she did alright. We just had to remind her to keep running and not stand still on the sand. There was a nice breeze that day too.
By the way, I missed you and Candee at the ward playdate this morning at Pulte park...

The Skousen's said...

I love, love, love, that picture of Kaden. So Cute! I am so glad you suggested going there. Those pictures are amazing and have such a strong spirit about them. Who needs dance clubs when you get all you need from the temple grounds.

wilkinson family said...

I loved seeing those photos too! My friend said the closing prayer at the Reflections of Christ fireside a couple of weeks ago. The photographer, Mark Mabry, gave her a signed copy of one of the photos, I was so jealous. On another note I found some awesome swim lessons, I'll give you the info

Unknown said...

That is too cute...he is such a cute little boy.

MichelleY said...

How sweet!

Nancy said...

What a sweet story. I think that our little ones are closer to Him than any of us know. And they probuably see him a lot more than we think.

Meggs said...

That is the best story ever. That needs to be written in your journal. wow I seem to always forget how close the little ones are to our father in heaven and angels. Amazing..

dm said...

So sweet!! Happy late momma's day!