Saturday, April 26, 2008

Superstition Farm!

On Tues. for our Achievement Day's activitie we took the girls (and our kids) to the Superstition Farm for a tour of the place. It was totally fun and the girls said they loved it, and I think all the younger kids (Kaden, Emma, Noah, and Neela) seemed to have a super fun time as well. They usually only do tours on Sat. but they made a special exception for us! They started us off with a little lecture about how they started the farm, and of coarse the cow's, how much they eat, what they eat, showed us some of their medicine, the different kinds of milk, blah blah blah. It was cute though because there was some interesting chickens and a dog just roaming around where we were, the kids loved that. Then it was off the petting zoo.

Kaden feeding the goats.
The bunny Peanut.

Loverboy the horse

This is one of the chickens that was roaming around. His name is Einstein, isn't he cute.The donkey from Shrek. Or, that's what I told Kaden anyways. Then they took us on a hay ride around the farm. There is a mister under those shade things that make it 15-20 degrees cooler than it is outside.

This is my fav. cow. She is a jersey cow, we learned that they make a more creamy milk. Good for ice cream, Yummy!

After that they had a milk bar where there was all different kinds of milk you can taste. I had pistachio. It was delicious!

By the way, did you know that their cows, (I don't know if it's all cows) produce 15gal. of milk a day. Wow mama, poor cows, talk about sore, and tender breast!

10 comments:

Aut said...

Wow, what a great leader you are to take them on such a fun outing. I'm feeling guilty about my lame activities!! Looks like fun!!

Anonymous said...

It was nice seeing you the other day! What a fun idea to go to the farm. Looks like you ALL learned a lot.

Maranda Whittle said...

How fun. Thank you farmer Shalice!!

Rushele said...

Which one is the Superstition Farm? I saw signs out this weekend for tours, or something they had going on there.
That is interesting, and fun for the kids!

Chad~Nicole said...

I've driven by this place several times and always think we should go, but we never have. It looks like fun!

Kim said...

WOW! That is a lot of milk. I am glad I don't produce that much myself. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Jaycie went there for preschool....fun place for the kids!

did you get into my blog? If I need to send you another invite...let me know exactly what email to send it to.

The Skousen's said...

We totally missed out. My kids would have loved that. hahaha Miranda is so funny, "Farmer Shalice" I love it!

Leila said...

I feel the cows PAIN ;)

Anonymous said...

Found your blog- Hope you dont mind the add! Your son is sper cute and getting big!!!