Friday, March 21, 2008

Stay in Check!

This is one of my favorite quotes I found from one of my favorite people. (Marjorie Hinckley) This is how I truly feel, I just need to read it every once in a while to keep myself in check!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."-Marjorie Hinckley

8 comments:

Sara Schletter said...

I like that quote too. Good words from a good woman.

Chad~Nicole said...

LOVE it!

Kim said...

That is a great quote! I really should type it up and print it out so that I can read it more often.

MichelleY said...

what a great quote...makes me feel so much better

The Skousen's said...

I think that deserves to be cut out on vinyl and put up on one of your walls somewhere. What do ya think.

Maranda Whittle said...

That is pretty awesome! Hey, I was just letting you know, (if you didn't already know) Sophia has a blog now. Her name is under my friends list.

Cook Family said...

What a great quote. She is one of my fav people too!

Aut said...

You're so deep! Very inspiring!