Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving!!

We had the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving with both of our family's this year. We started off with my family "the Skousen's" with an early feast at 12:00 at my sisters house. We had a lot of fun, lot's of food, and a lot of company. It actually wasn't nearly as big as our usual Skousen Thanksgiving which is normally 60-80 people, but we deemed this year to be the in-law's year. Anyways, it was just my parents, siblings and nephews and nieces that live here in AZ. this year. We had so much fun, BIG THANKS to my sis. Sandy for hosting the fun! By the way, among other things, I did make my first batch of candied yams, and coconut and banana cream pie. I wish I got a pic. but I didn't want the liability in case they turned out disgusting. After I found out they were delish. they got snatched up before I could get to my camera!




We left there to head to the Johnson's feast at 3:30 and tried to stuff our selves more by 4:00. I left my camera at my sister's house and I did not get any pictures of the Johnson's, but It was just as delicious, and we had great company! We also got to take the kids to the park by Mark's parents house.We attempted to fly electric airplanes, but it was to windy. The kids had a great time riding there little tricycles, swinging, and playing on the toys.

2 comments:

MichelleY said...

Sounds like you guys had fun...what's better than a day when you can stuff your face and not feel guilty! I bet your pie was delicious!

Maranda Whittle said...

How fun! I miss going to your huge family parties!