Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Most wonderful time!


The TRADITION is still going!! Every year growing up we would go up North to cut our Christmas tree (except a couple random years). I am happy to say that that tradition is still going strong. Luckily Mark has agreed and put up with the traveling, so we have adopted this fun activity into our family. My fam. still goes, so it's a big caravan to Young where we cut our tree's, then build a fire, lunch, then it's off for the hunt!!


Mark building the fire for hot chocolate.
The kids admiring his work,they did collect the wood after all.How many monkey's in that tree?

Mark cutting down my parents tree. They found a great tree!The boy's The girls
My stick bug friend that found me!
So I didn't get a pic. of eveybodys tree's but, there was a total of 5 trees we cut down. They were all awesome , It was a good time.

8 comments:

Marquita said...

What a fun family tradition. I don't think I would have the energy for it! Our tree is fake. It doesn't smell nice, but it's still pretty!

Marquita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

We cut a tree down several years ago and it looked really good until we cut it down and saw that it was not that full at all. Good thing we did it for Ben's parents and not us, it was pretty ugly.

Chad~Nicole said...

We're going up to chop our tree this weekend. It's a fun tradition.

Maranda Whittle said...

Fun tradition!! I would be freeking out with that ugly bug on me!

MichelleY said...

How fun - what a neat tradition. There is nothing better than the smell of a real christmas tree.

The Skousen's said...

Ok, so I am totally addicted. The only thing I don't like is how long I spend on the dang computer now. I love that we get to share cool ideas, experiences, everything! Couldn't ask for a better neighbor and sis-in-law! You Rock!

Nancy said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Love all the pictures.