Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Snake Hunt

So, last week for FHE we went snake hunting with some friends in our ward. YES... snake hunting, the real deal. Lucky us, we still have the undeveloped desert down the street! We went riding that morning and found a big fat 4-5ft. snake, Mark wanted to keep it, but since it was a harmless snake I talked him into letting the poor thing go. Later that evening, Mark is telling his buddy what we found, and all of the sudden without hesitation we are snake hunting for FHE. Of course we have to go find that snake, rite? So, Mark packs a car battery in a pack so we can have a spot light, and I get to pack Kaden in. (Yes, we took Kaden.) Our friends, lucky them had all their kids in bed! Off we go hiking around, Tank (our dog) is with us too. About 45min into the hike/walk, we notice Tank rustling around in a bush and sure enough, we hear a rattle...enjoy!
(sorry the video is so choppy, we only had the phone)

THEN, This week for FHE... You know what they say... Taste like Chicken!!

10 comments:

Karl Johnson said...

WOW, that's crazy that he grabbed him like that. How often does he handle snakes? No way I'd try catching a snake like that! Looked you guys had a fun time.

Rushele said...

And does it taste like chicken?
I don't know that I'd even want to try it!
I am such a weiny, there's no way I'd go out looking for snakes!!!!

Chad~Nicole said...

You're way too adventurous!

MichelleY said...

Are you joking - did you really eat snake? You guys are crazy - I love it!!

Tawna said...

oh my gosh!! I don't think I could have eaten that. I'm not into trying weird things like that. You are brave for sure!! My hero!

Maranda Whittle said...

Ew gross, did you eat any of it? On Friday night, I went out to get something to eat and on the way home, I ran over 2 snakes. I didn't know what kind they were or if they were poisioness, but I hate them, so they had to go!

brett and carly said...

You are a stinkin' brave woman... that's making my stomach feel funny just looking at it! But, I'm a sissy so that may not be saying much. Oh and the pictures of Kaden are way too cute!

Eric said...

I see they used some poles, so it is just just by hand but still. WOW. I got to brag about this at work today. Funny stuff!

Marquita said...

That is totally disgusting! I just threw up!

Cook Family said...

Yuck! Well, I guess I can't say that cause I haven't tried it. I hope it was good!