Tuesday, September 16, 2008

YEAH, IT"S A BOY!!

Just what we wanted! Mark and I think Kaden is going to love having a little brother. He on the other hand wants nothing to do with a new sibling. Any time we ask him if he is excited or happy he says "NO", or just walks away. We thought if we took him to the ultrasound yesterday and he had a chance to be a part of what was happening and see the baby, he might get excited, or at least except it. Not the case. He was ok in the room besides tipping over the garbage can, and scooting the chair around the room making all kinds of ruckus. The only thing he said when he saw his new little brother was "look a snake" (referring to the baby's spine). We all had a good laugh at that one.



After Kaden woke up from his nap, he came into the kitchen where I was making lunch and pulled on my leg and said "I want to hold you" (aka, hold me). So, I stop what I was doing, and go sit in the chair to hold him. Then, Kaden climbs in to my lap with a pacifier in his mouth, he has NEVER taken a paci. Believe me, I have tried. He prefers his thumb!! He then tells me to rock and sing to him. Poor guy, I think he thinks he wont be my baby anymore. Maybe that's why he is so against another BABY living in our house!

21 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats!! I am sure he will be just as cute as Kaden! Hope that he will come around soon and like having a brother, once he comes.

Chad~Nicole said...

Double the trouble! Double the fun!

Aut said...

YEA!!! I am SO excited for you! Having 2 boys in a row is so much fun!! It was so fun talking to you the other day...I miss hanging out with you!

Maranda Whittle said...

I love having 2 boys in a row. I definetly want a girl next though! By the time I had Cash, Dylan was already old enough to not be in the jealous stage, so I never had to go through that. He was SO ready to have someone to play with!

The McNeil Family said...

Congrats on your new little man!!! I am ready to get my boy out.. Hopefully soon.

MichelleY said...

That's so exciting! How fun - little boys are the best.

Marquita said...

Yeah, congrats on another boy! My 2 boys are best buds. You'll love having 2 boys together!

Rushele said...

What a cute little stinker!!!
Raegan had a bit of a hard time when Sophie was born. At the hospital it was great, she loved the baby and had all sorts of fun with the aunts and uncles giving her all sorts of attention. Then we brought the baby home......that's when having a c-section recovery got a little tough. She was so needy and wanted constant attention for a while. But, she got used to it, and Kaden will too. They all do.
Congrats on another boy! That'll be fun.

Tawna said...

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats! That is awesome that Kaden will have a little brother! Hopefully once the baby is here, he will deal with the whole situation a little better!!

I'm super excited for you though!!

When are you coming up to Utah?

brett and carly said...

OH poor little sweet dude... that's just too cute. By the way... congrats on the next little guy! That is so exciting! :)

dm said...

Yes!!! Congrats to you and Mark!Kaden will really come around after a few months when he can play and be more of a little person other than a thing that only lays there! What a fun time you guys are going to have with another boy :)!

Heather and Brendan said...

Congratulations! I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, I just tried to post a comment and I don't think it worked. I just recently entered the world of blogging. It looks like you guys will be keeping busy with another boy, do you have a name picked out? Good luck with the pregnancy! I hope that you start to feel better soon.

The Garrison Family said...

Yeah a boy. Once he is a little older Caden will appreciate having some one to pick on and wrestle with. It will all work out.
Love ya!

Cook Family said...

Yaaa! Congrats, that is awesome that you are having another boy. I'm sure Kaden will appreciate it when he has his little brother to play with.

The McNeil Family said...

congrats.. how exciting! Brayden can't wait until brody is older so he can play with him. I am sure Kaden will be the same way as soon as the baby is a little older.

Melanie Lynne said...

YIPPEEEE!! another boy.. congratulations!!!
-mel :]

Bobs said...

You've been tagged. Details are on my blog.

Kim said...

How are you feeling? Hope that you guys are having a lot of fun and that is why you can't update. Hope to hear about it all soon!!

The Husted Handful said...

Hey Shalice, so good to see you!! I found you on Maren's page :)...congrats on the new baby boy! It is so much fun having 2 boys close in age!

Solana said...

I am so Happy for you!! I will be checking your blog more often, so keep me updated!! luv ya, solana

Amelia Kate said...

Hey! I bet you can't wait to be done! It is getting so close! If you want to get pictures done, I would be happy to do them! I bet you are so cute!